Here at O’Neill Arms Country House Hotel, we have put together a little list of the top 10 tips for planning an autumn wedding… have a little read below if you’re planning the perfect wedding.
1. Embrace the natural colour palette that accompanies the season; rusty oranges, leafy greens, and aubergine purples will set the scene for an autumnal celebration.
2. Make sure you plan your photography to get some outdoor snaps and capture the autumn scenery and colours around your venue.
3. With the daylight starting to fade earlier in the day, think about warm, romantic lighting for the evening part of your celebration. Tea lights and lanterns will create a lovely rustic glow.
4. Make the most of seasonal fruit in your choice of menu and sweet treats. Fruit pies of apples or blackberries work perfectly on a themed dessert table and veg such as pumpkin and parsnip will make a hearty soup for a starter.
5. Hints of gold and bronze are perfect for this time of year and will add a touch of luxe to your look
6. Style up your reception with rustic accessories such as a wooden table centre display or a hand-carved cake stand – perfect for a woodland wedding!
7. When it comes to your wedding flowers, autumn is the perfect time to mix in berries and opt for a luxurious colour palette to highlight the change in season.
8. Autumn is a great time of year to make cute DIY details and help stretch the budget that little bit further. Take a trip to your local park and collect twigs to make decorative wreaths, or conkers to use as place settings.
9. Finishing touches like hessian are perfect for creating an autumnal feel and can be worked into so many aspects of your wedding. A simple DIY table runner will transform your tabletop, or a cute hessian bow on your bouquet will help tie in the look.
10. As the autumn evening starts to draw in, make sure you keep your guests nice and toasty. A chill-out area with warm blankets is a great way to let your friends and family relax and warm up before hitting the dance floor.
If you would like to get in touch with our events team, please email email@example.com to book a one to one appointment and discuss your magical wedding with The O’Neill Arms Country House Hotel