The O Neill Arms Country House Wedding, Antrim
As we are now in full swing of Wedding mode here at The O’Neill Arms Country House Hotel and our award-winning Arbutus Hospitality team are serving up canapés, like no other.
Canapés are such an in trend treat and we get asked for them quite a lot by our brides and grooms.
Feast your eyes on these mini food delights and serve your wedding guests some tasty treats. Whether you’re a passionate foodie, or you want everything on your wedding day to look wonderful, serving amazing canapés is sure to impress your guests – and tickle their taste buds!
Canapés are also a brilliant way to stave off guests’ hunger pangs if there’s a significant gap between the ceremony and the wedding reception – and they go seriously well with a beautiful flute of champagne.
Canapés will most likely be the first thing your guests will have eaten since leaving home. All the more reason to make it delicately delicious and just enough to leave them excited for the main banquet to shortly follow.
On the basis that your drinks reception is around the standard mark of an hour and a half, a good rule of thumb is 3 – 5 canapés per person. We feel that this is a great amount to whet your guest’s appetite and get them anticipating what tasty delights are to follow
Below, we’ve listed a selection of one and two bite wedding canapés that you could choose to serve at your post-ceremony drinks reception.
• Baby Shepherd’s Pies
• Chorizo & aubergine skewers
• Honey and mustard chicken bites
• Jacket potato with sour cream & chives
• Lamb meatballs with spiced tomato dip
• Smoked salmon mousse and lemon crostini
• Tapenade and anchovy palmier
• Tomato and olive and pepper crostini
• Wild mushroom tart with enoki
• Asian marinated chicken with pine nut satay, coriander and mint
• Baby Hampshire fillet of beef and potato fondant with Béarnaise to dip
• Breaded sole and chips with tartar sauce in a mini bamboo cone
• Cheese straws and Provencal olives
• Golden Cross goats cheese on a cheddar shortbread with red onion marmalade
• Little hot smoked salmon and brie quiche with dill & creme fraiche
• Mini South Downs lamb shepherd’s pie served in a tiny pastry shell
• Mini filo basket with Scottish smoked salmon, poached quail egg and hollandaise
• Mini pork sausages with creamy mash potato to dip and crispy shallots
• Peeled tiger prawns with wasabi mayo, lime and chilli
• Pesto arancini with mozzarella bocconcini and basil mayo to dip
• Roast free-range chicken in a mini roast potato with bacon and sage
• Roast parsnip crisps with lemon hummus
• Roasted Hampshire venison on a potato drop scone with redcurrant jelly
• Scottish scallop on truffled cabbage
• Thai fishcakes with red pepper and mango salsa
• Tiny fish pies topped with creamy mash
If you would like to get in touch with our events team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a one to one appointment and discuss your magical wedding with The O’Neill Arms Country House Hotel.
Packages starting from just £20 p.p. T&Cs apply.